Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever tooled with trying to make Harley sprockets work on our bikes? This would open up an abundance of options for customization. As far as my 800 goes, to keep the same ratio I have now, I could use a 23/48 combo. That would also open me up to the Sproter rear with a rear disc conversion. I know that the rear shouldn't be a problem at all with the purchase of a wheel, but the front is the one that worries me. Any mechs here care to share the amount of labor this would entail?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Has anyone here ever tooled with trying to make Harley sprockets work on our bikes? This would open up an abundance of options for customization. As far as my 800 goes, to keep the same ratio I have now, I could use a 23/48 combo. That would also open me up to the Sproter rear with a rear disc conversion. I know that the rear shouldn't be a problem at all with the purchase of a wheel, but the front is the one that worries me. Any mechs here care to share the amount of labor this would entail?
just changed the front sprocket on my 800 , one tooth up and it does make a difference check it out ! it cheap to do as well !

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just changed the front sprocket on my 800 , one tooth up and it does make a difference check it out ! it cheap to do as well !
I know that moving to a 18/40 or 18/stock 42 is a great drop to rpms, I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to swap to harley sprockets primarily for the aftermarket wheels/matching rotors and sprockets. It's mainly cosmetic, but to put that big of a rear sprocket on, you have to change the front and that is the question. Can it be done and how hard is it to do as anything CAN be done with the right know-how and will.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
What about a conversion plate or something so you could keep your same sprockets and use the different wheels. Does the front sprocket have enough clearance to come out say a 1/2"?? so that you could fit the plate in the back btwn your wheel and sprocket?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure that would work, but I am trying to go to a 48 harley rear so that I can use the sprocket/brake combo. I'm not worried about using the factory stuff, I just want to see if harley aftermarket can be used out front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts