Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vulcan 2000 with a BAD squeek. The bike has 4800 miles on it. I was informed warrenty wouldn't cover rear wheel bearings by my selling dealer. This is hard to believe. Anyway- anyone having a problem like mine? It only occurs when in 3rd or higher gear and warmed up and under a moderate throttle. I have D&D Hardchrome pipes on it and the squeek is louder than the pipes. Any help with this would be appreciated.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
could be front/rear brakes dragging just perfect to squeek
could be your rear shocks squeeking. had quit a few come in the shop with squeeky shocks. might have to lube up the bushings. (i had to tear a COMPLETE front end off a 4-wheeler and lube/grease all the bushings because they where dry and NOISEY as heck.)
i highly doubt its a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SQUEEK

drace, I'd call Beartooth Kawasaki 800-556-3098 and talk to them about the dealership not wanting to fix the problem...At least you would have some otehr opinion and dealership to confirm if it should be covered...Why wouldn't it be??? It doesn't make sense...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Could be drive belt alignment or loose front drive pulley. If the nut on the front drive pulley isn't torqued properly the pully will loosen and get a wobble (gets worse over time) that can create a squeek under certain load conditions.

My 2004 Vulcan 2000 had the squeek problem at about the same milage as yours. I directed the mechanics attention to the front pulley areas as that is where I felt the noise was coming from. Dealers mechanic told me that the front pulley nut was not torqued properly at the factory. They replaced the front drive pulley and properly torqued. No problem since and now have 14K on the bike.

·
UBER CLUB MEMBER #2
13,839 Posts
I would check the belt, it will squeak if not aligned, alamofly is right, thats where you should start.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Drive belt sounds suspicious. I think others have had similar issues with the drive belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts