1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your definition of a SQUID?
Mine......
A sportbike rider that:

Does'nt wear a helmet, oh ya its hanging from his bike, just incase he needs it right before he goes down in a wreck!!! :roll:

Does wear shorts, tank top, flip flops, no helmet.

Does wheelies in heavy traffic

Weaves in/out of traffic like there is no tomorrow

Have I missed anything?? It just pisses me off when I see guys/girls that fit this description, cause it makes us "good" riders look like them!!! :twisted:

Ok I just needed to vent.....thanks!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
What is your definition of a SQUID?

A sportbike rider that:
Has a superiority complex...

OR

a know-it all, arrogant, 'look at me, I'm a cool biker dude' attitude.

P.S. I HATE to see people in anything other than proper riding gear on bike. Ran into a guy one day, full helmet, shorts, t-shirt, boots. His female passenger was wearing mule type sneakers (how many guys here know what mules are :lol: ) tank top, and shorts. *CRINGE*

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
You're definition is good, but it needs to include cruisers too. Those guys can be just as squidly if not more. I mean.. some of them have cd players built in to mess with while riding.

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Old guy here(42)-----no wheelies---weaving or stupid stuff like that. No biker poser attitude.

Full face helmet.

But in the middle of July----sorry but the shorts---t shirts and tennis shoes come out.

Does that make me a squid??

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OmahaRider said:
Old guy here(42)-----no wheelies---weaving or stupid stuff like that. No biker poser attitude.

Full face helmet.

But in the middle of July----sorry but the shorts---t shirts and tennis shoes come out.

Does that make me a squid??
First of all your not "old."
Does that make you a squid? Well in my "book" yes, but that is me. I just wanted to post a thread on what other riders definition is.....thanks for your input, just be safe out there!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
OmahaRider said:
Old guy here(42)...But in the middle of July----sorry but the shorts---t shirts and tennis shoes come out. Does that make me a squid??
Older guy here (45 in June, but not half as good lookin' as Ninjagirl:wink:)

No offense meant here, so please don't take any. That doesn't make you a squid. I don't know what that makes you. :) All I know is road rash burns a lot more, and a lot longer, than a pair of jeans and a jacket. Don't get me wrong, I wear tennis shoes occasionally. But otherwise I'm in boots, jacket and gloves, along with my full face. Last week we had temps close to 90, and the body armor in the 1stGear mesh made things more than uncomfortable. But I'd rather take that 45 minutes or more of that heat than 2 or three months of healing and a dozen or more skin grafts. Again, nothing against you for wearing what YOU CHOOSE, just not my choice. And that's one of the nice things about America, freedom of choice.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jonesie619 said:
OmahaRider said:
Old guy here(42)...But in the middle of July----sorry but the shorts---t shirts and tennis shoes come out. Does that make me a squid??
Older guy here (45 in June, but not half as good lookin' as Ninjagirl:wink:)

No offense meant here, so please don't take any. That doesn't make you a squid. I don't know what that makes you. :) All I know is road rash burns a lot more, and a lot longer, than a pair of jeans and a jacket. Don't get me wrong, I wear tennis shoes occasionally. But otherwise I'm in boots, jacket and gloves, along with my full face. Last week we had temps close to 90, and the body armor in the 1stGear mesh made things more than uncomfortable. But I'd rather take that 45 minutes or more of that heat than 2 or three months of healing and a dozen or more skin grafts. Again, nothing against you for wearing what YOU CHOOSE, just not my choice. And that's one of the nice things about America, freedom of choice.
Thanks for the compliment. :wink:
I am right there with you on gear'n up!! Its 100's here in Arizona now, and I still wear, boots, gloves, blastic jacket, full-face helmet, however jeans for pants, sometime leathers for night riding.

It is your (any rider) right, your choice, your body, your life, your ride, to wear what you want.

I seriousley don't mean for this thread to get out of hand, or to get people upset, again was just looking for "definitions".

Thank you all for your input....I don't condone anyone, just please not matter what you wear, be careful out there but have fun!!! :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OmahaRider said:
Any pics of Ninjagirl out there??? :mrgreen:

No---I don't mean that kind.
Uh...this might help you.....
"What I learned today...........Joe Rocket/First Gear"
Enjoy!! :wink:

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Yup---you're a cutie---that's for sure.

BTW----those apts. look like the ones my buddy lived in when he was stationed at Luke.

Haven't been to Phoenix since 1990----so what do I know??---lol

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SQUID

U.S. Navy Squid! Yes, 20 years of active duty Honorable Discharge, and you had better smile when you say "Squid" to this Retired Sailor!
We have the same thing here in Kansas, where there is NO helmet required. Hey, but don't forget if you are in your car, you have to wear seatbelt or you can get a ticket for being the driver or having one of your passengers not wearing a seatbelt! We get the matching Tank top, shorts, and flipflops, no helmet, blasting down the Interstate (I-35) at 75MPH+. Just an image for your mind...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OmahaRider said:
Yup---you're a cutie---that's for sure.

BTW----those apts. look like the ones my buddy lived in when he was stationed at Luke.

Haven't been to Phoenix since 1990----so what do I know??---lol
Omaharider, check your PM!!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: SQUID

ZX-2R said:
U.S. Navy Squid! Yes, 20 years of active duty Honorable Discharge, and you had better smile when you say "Squid" to this Retired Sailor!
We have the same thing here in Kansas, where there is NO helmet required. Hey, but don't forget if you are in your car, you have to wear seatbelt or you can get a ticket for being the driver or having one of your passengers not wearing a seatbelt! We get the matching Tank top, shorts, and flipflops, no helmet, blasting down the Interstate (I-35) at 75MPH+. Just an image for your mind...
That is the "other" Squid!! :wink:
That is interesting about the no helmet law, I had forgotten about that, cause Arizona is the same, and I am not used to that, I am origanally from Oregon where there is a helmet law, but I would still think that protecting yourself would be important.....oh well, back to that saying...."its your choice, your life!!!!"
Thanks for sharing your comments!! :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Example of a squid:

Wears a t-shirt, adidas sweatpants, flip-flops, earphones under his FF helmet. :roll:

Another example:

2 cars barreling down the freeway at about 80mph and swerving in much slower traffic (65 - 70 mph)..... and a motorcycle tailing them....

·
Registered
79 Posts
veteran newbie said:
Example of a squid:

Wears a t-shirt, adidas sweatpants, flip-flops, earphones under his FF helmet. :roll:
I use earphones under my helmet... :cry: But, I wear an Alpinestars T-Stunt jacket, Joe Rocket High Side gloves and an HJC FF helmet. I am very safe, music just adds to the ride for me!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ZX-6RR Ninja said:
veteran newbie said:
Example of a squid:

I use earphones under my helmet... :cry: But, I wear an Alpinestars T-Stunt jacket, Joe Rocket High Side gloves and an HJC FF helmet. I am very safe, music just adds to the ride for me!
I am ok with that.... :wink:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.