Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from the St Pete Fl. area or know the area well? I am heading down that way the end of January, first of February for some schooling, and it will be around 15-20 degrees here in Pa.

I am wondering if it will be decent riding weather that time of year down there. Its a long way to trailer a bike, but if the weather is good will be worth it. Don't really want to take it if its going to be too cold.

Hoping to hear from some riders in that part of the country?

Thanks

·
Step up or step aside
180 Posts
All you have to worry about is the rain, usually precedes a front this time of year. It's raining this Christmas morning. But other than that, yeah I think you should bring your bike, if you are going to be here a while. If only a week or two, it's up to you. We have 'Eagle riders' around St. Pete somewhere where you can rent for a couple of days to get your fix.

Let me know, there are a few of us around St. Pete, we can take you riding to some good roads. Meet at Quaker Steak and Lube on a Weds night.

Let us know what you do.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be there for 4-5 days, if I get even a couple good days to ride I would be happy.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
St Pete is great in Jan but it will be bitter cold, nights get down below 60 and the rain can be terrible. The sky can drop an inch or more during a long one hour storm. Where in PA are you comin from.

Hey Gene, let me know if you guys set anything up and maybe I'll ride over.

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
St Pete is great in Jan but it will be bitter cold, nights get down below 60 and the rain can be terrible. The sky can drop an inch or more during a long one hour storm. Where in PA are you comin from.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! All the way below 60?! LOL

Spend a winter in the north, and then tell me what bitter cold is! :)

·
07 900 Classic
586 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! All the way below 60?! LOL

Spend a winter in the north, and then tell me what bitter cold is! :)
When I lived in Tampa the nights in january were in the upper to low 30's. In 1989 we had 7 days the temp wasn't above 25. It rains alot in Jan. Pappie

·
Vulcan 1600 Classic
490 Posts
Hey Denny. . . The weather will be perfect for riding! But, if you will only be here for 4 days... you may just want to rent a bike! Instead of trailering it.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts