Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently my bike has started to develop this problem, everytime I start the bike when it's dead cold whether it be 8 hrs after I finish work or the next morning when I first start it. After I let it warm up for 5 minutes or so when I first click it into 1st it will stall. It wasn't doing this when I first bought it, just wondering if this normal or should I get it checked out?
same bike as stated in sig

thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It will stall if your clutch isnt fully disengaging when its cold. Check the adjustment on the clutch. Also try pulling the clutch a couple times before you put it into gear, and when you finally put it into gear when your ready to go, pull it fully, and make sure you wait a second before you go into first.

My 600R did this a few times, and then I read up on it. I adjusted the clutch, and made sure I pulled the clutch in fully when it was cold, and its been fine ever since.

But first and foremost, check your clutch adjustment. I bet if you look in the troubleshooting section of your manual, they will touch on "engine stalls when going into first gear"

Hope this helps, good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts