Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trusty Bayou 220 took a dump today..While riding along at moderate speed, BANG! Engine starts sounding like a rock crusher. Keeps running, idles ok, but sounds realty ugly like the crankcase was half full of marbles. I shut it off, look for gaping holes in the cases, oil pouring out, but nothing. I hit the start button and the starter motor spun up, tried to catch, then it just spun freely without engaging the engine. I hand-started it and drove home, about a mile. It ran fine except for the terrible noises which slowly subsided but never stopped. It sounds like a timing chain doing terrible things. Tomorrow, I'll pull the cover off and have a look..The service manual says a special puller is needed to remove the flywheel. The sprag clutch for the starter is bolted to the back of the flywheel..Is the KLF 220 flywheel unique or will other pullers work?

Have other owners suffered problems like this? Mine is a 2000 model (A13) and is on its third set of tires so you could say it has been well used..Other than this, it has been trouble-free...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.