Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my bike messing with wires because my turn signals were not working. I got them working, then after awhile i heard a fuse blow. I located the fuse in what i think is the starter relay. It is a 30 fuse and it keeps cracking everytime i put it in and put the connecter back over top of it. Anyone know what is causing this or how to fix it, or something to check. Thanks for the help.

-Brady

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sound to me like you have a wire grounding somewhere in the starter circuit causing a huge amount of current to flow the instant you put in the fuse (happens right away with the ignition off right?). Search the starter circuit for grounded, chewed, or otherwise bad wires. It would help if you have a manual detailing the circuit on your bike. I would guess that would be a good start. Let us know what happened. Also make sure the right connectors are plugged into each other......that cause a fuse to blow on my Camaro that gave me a week of headaches before I found the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i looked again. The fuse blows as soon as I put the cap over and connect it. The key doesnt even have to be in the bike. I have no idea what is wrong. I looked for wire that werent connected and i disconnected all my lights and turn signals. I dont know what to do...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have you tried unplugged the connector that goes to your solenoid? That should just leave the battery, solenoid and starter. If it blows then you know to pretty much where the problem is. If it doesn't blow trace the 3 or so wires that are on that connector.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i finally gave in and took it to the shop. The voltage regulator/rectifier was shot. Thanks for the help though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts