Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well boys, I thought I had this one licked...I changed the plugs, oil&filter, cleaned out the fuel lines, drained the bowls and even threw a new battery and air filter in my 01 6R..but the **** thing still cranks without starting. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the charging system, but the voltmeter reads where it should be, and climbs when I rev it up...so i'm only guessing that there is nothin wrong there. Periodically, it will start with the choke on but will bog out and stall shortly thereafter. The only time I can start it successfully is when I crank on the throttle simutaneuosly (without the choke). I never considered taking the carbs off and cleaning them because the bike runs great when I drive it (that and the fact that I know as much about cleaning carburators as I do about looking inside somebody's stomach)
I explained this to a mechanic at a local dealership and he says it is running too rich and the carbs must come off because the needles are stuck...so my question is this........if I adjust the (pilot?) screws to make it run leaner, will this make a difference? or should I just get them cleaned and done with....
If anybody can provide a pic as to where these screws are, I would appreciate it

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
clean and be done with it. it is not hard to do just remove the carbs from the bike and take them apart but do not mess with any of the djustment screws clean it, and put it all back together

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clean and be done with it. it is not hard to do just remove the carbs from the bike and take them apart but do not mess with any of the djustment screws clean it, and put it all back together
I hear what yur saying, I should have done that on top of everything else. I didn't know at the time my carbs were responsible...thx for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts