Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '79 kz1000 LTD B3 that I picked up for $200 awhile back and have been trying to get back into shape a little at a time. It's coming along nicely but I have no garage so I can only work on it in good weather. I pick up parts when I find a good deal so at times my room starts to look like a parts store (like now). On the up side, it's a great ice breaker when I have a lady over. All ladies like bikes and mechanicly inclined men!

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
Yeah Baby! I had my bike in the dining room last winter:wink:kitchen was carb and parts cleaning shop,back bathroom made a great paint shop with the curtain rod parts hanger and exhaust fan for ventilation.Wifes moving back to her doll house and the bikes back in since the garage is in full resto mode with a 72 Chevy truck right now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you have a four into one. I got a sidewinder for mime but it interferded with the rear brakeso right now I'm running just the headers. I have a set of Jardens on order. More parts in the house untill the rain stops!

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
I put a kerker 4-1 on mine shortly after buying it. Ran it for about 26 years, but after the baffle had rusted out of it completely and I couldn't find a replacement that I was sure would fit, I decided to go back to factory exhaust. There may come a time that I get tired of the quiet and reinstall the 4-1 but I'm sure that won't happen unless I get the header reconditioned and find a baffle that fits. Never had a problem with it interfering with the brake or oil/filter changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.