Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 98 kx250 i would like to run a small rad fan less than 1 amp draw, can i tap into the existing stator to do this or do i need a rewinding? WHich if any klx stators will fit my bike?
thanks for your time
Dustin

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
Not sure what your stator's output is. On the older larger 4's(z1's,Kz900's,Kz1000's) the stator output was about 50 volts A.C. The stator ran at full output with the regulator/rectifier converting the A.C. to D.C. running the bike's electrical system. Any excess was converted to heat and dissipated through the modules cooling fins.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have an 98 kx250 i would like to run a small rad fan less than 1 amp draw, can i tap into the existing stator to do this or do i need a rewinding? WHich if any klx stators will fit my bike?
thanks for your time
Dustin
KX's do not have a "stator" to allow any AC output. KX's only have an igniter which powers the ignition. You will need to add an aftermarket Moose lighting coil to gain AC voltage output. Here is a detailed post as to how I modified my KX500 for a headlight:

Project KDX500 has begun !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.