Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about installing a Stebel Nautilus air horn on my bike (900 classic LT). Has anyone installed it on their bike? Is it worth it (is it considerably louder)? Do you have pictures so I can see how it looks installed? and how hard was the installation?

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
Some people here have and they have liked it. The main thing is you can't install it where the OEM horn is mounted. It will hit your fender and damage the fender.

·
2007 VN900 LT
144 Posts
I've been thinking about installing a Stebel Nautilus air horn on my bike (900 classic LT). Has anyone installed it on their bike? Is it worth it (is it considerably louder)? Do you have pictures so I can see how it looks installed? and how hard was the installation?
Zorro,

I have the exact bike as you and it's the best add-on I've done. I wired both the Stebel Horn AND the stock horn to the same button. It Gets you NOTICED!!

My finger is always resting on it as I ride.

Here is the prior forum thread on the install: - It's a great investment.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/55363-stebel-horn-install.html

In my opinion, the 3rd best investment in your safety besides a good Helmet and leathers.

Desmond

·
Registered
22 Posts
I put mine on and it works great! I mounted it just behind the gear shifter. You will find a channel running up the fram for the wires.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I have it, installs easy, you do have to run a higher amp fuse line though. It's worth the money, its a REAL horn not a "toy" like the stock one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I Have one and I use the location someone else in here used, right side under the gas tank near the front of the engine. I made up a nice bracket in the machine shop so it cradles the bottom side on the round part for support and I'm going to use the 10mm bolt hole that holds a bracket for wire thats exsisting now, to help sturdy it up so the white metal doesn't break using the 1 bolt installation. I'm also in the process of adjusting my valves so I haven't finished the horn install, but I have tried blowing it at work and it is loud :)

I have a vn900 classic lt also
I need to learn how to up the pics and take a few of this process I am doing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts