Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready for the riding season now. Love how loud the airhorn is. Took a few pictures with my cell phone .. not very good but here they are.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Looks super Dan! We now have a new ride guru..... ;)

Those horns are a major step up as far as volume goes....

40's and rain this week... Hopefully bye-bye salt (and snow)!.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks really good. I want to add one of those horns to mine. I noticed you have the Memphis Shades lowers on the bike. I just installed them on mine but they don't seem to do the trick. I'm still getting a nasty head buffet. Do they work for you? I really need to find a soulution because it gets so bad sometimes my vision get a little blurry.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks really good. I want to add one of those horns to mine. I noticed you have the Memphis Shades lowers on the bike. I just installed them on mine but they don't seem to do the trick. I'm still getting a nasty head buffet. Do they work for you? I really need to find a soulution because it gets so bad sometimes my vision get a little blurry.
I still get some buffeting but not as bad as before.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I still get some buffeting but not as bad as before.
Thanks I appreciate your answer. I'm trying different positions with them. Glad to here the GPS mount works good. I plan to mount one myself once I get all my other goodies mounted.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
I used it riding to work and for a short ride after work today. My speedo is off by 1mph according to the 660. I really wont "use" it till my trip at the end of April.
WOW. 1 mph. Nice. I use mine everytime I ride. I like it for a speedo as much as anything.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
WOW. 1 mph. Nice. I use mine everytime I ride. I like it for a speedo as much as anything.
True, my speedo only reads in KM's, so it's nice to have the gps that can read in MPH when we cross the line.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Keep an eye on the relay for your Stebel horn. I check my horn almost every ride, but a couple of weeks ago did not and needed it. The cager got my 'anger' when I tapped on his window at 40mph . . . Took the relay apart and the contacts were GONE! It seems hard to find a relay that stands up to more than 10 amps. My horn spikes to 30 amps with a steady 20 amps when 'honking'. I smoked a CSK/Checker relay within a week. I have found a few online, but it's hard to get one with a shroud around the external contacts and a mounting tab and will take 30 amps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts