Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously thinking about getting a horn that is louder than the stock horn. I hope I don't need it, but if I do, I'd rather have a horn that is heard easily. I've read some good stuff about the Stebel Nautilus horn. Does anybody have one on their Classic 1600? Does it fit where the stock horn is? Also, does anybody have any other recommendations for a good horn that fits somewhat unobtrusively on the 1600? Thanks a lot. I appreciate any advice people might have.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
You can also go with the WOLO Bad boy air horn. Same as the Stebel. I have the black one on my 900LT. Boy is it loud. Couldn't mount where original was though due to reports of fender hitting it if hitting bumps. Not sure if it does but why take a chance. Easy install though.
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about getting a horn that is louder than the stock horn. I hope I don't need it, but if I do, I'd rather have a horn that is heard easily. I've read some good stuff about the Stebel Nautilus horn. Does anybody have one on their Classic 1600? Does it fit where the stock horn is? Also, does anybody have any other recommendations for a good horn that fits somewhat unobtrusively on the 1600? Thanks a lot. I appreciate any advice people might have.
I've had to use my Stebel twice - and I'm 100% sure if I didn't have the Stebel, I would've been in a nasty situation. It is LOUD! In-fact, it's so loud that I bought one for my cage and for my wife's cage...

I have a 2007 1600 Nomad, but I believe the OEM horn location is the same on my bike and the 1600 classic. I mounted my Stebel in the same location as the stock, using the stock mount (bent slightly to position the Stebel's intake towards the back). There was a thread on this forum that walked through the elecrical connections - It was pretty easy install - Well worth the money. Here's pics of how it looks mounted:

·
*** V2K Rocks!!! ***
1,692 Posts
I had a Stebel air horn on my 1600 Classic and I now have one on my current V2K. On both bikes I mounted the Stebel where the stock horn goes using the existing horn mounting bracket. I also used the instructions on this web site to install the Stebel on both bikes.

On my 1600 Classic the Stebel looked kind of like the one in this picture:

And this is what the Stebel looks like on my V2K:

·
Registered
265 Posts
i put 2 red hella electric horns on (120 db) , actually got them from the states as they are ilegal here ( spain ) sounds like a truck "comin through " kinda sound i will try post photos they fit just under the bottom yoke .

·
667 Neighbor of the Beast
291 Posts
Here's where I put mine. I took the stock horn bracket and bolted it to the engine guard bolt on the other side of the bike.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey Meanierider, like they said, I also put the Stebel on the stock bracket on my '06 Nomad - not sure if it's exactly same position for the Classic tho.
Fits right, looks right and OMG it sounds right! :biggrin:
You can hear sound clips on the Stebel website STEBEL S.p.a.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot, everyone,for your helpful responses and pictures. It looks like there's several places to put the horn and it definitely seems worth getting something loud. By the way - I like your bike, CheeseyRider. (Frankly, based upon your bike you don't look like you're a cheesey rider.)
Brent4A - the following link (hopefully) takes you directly to the page of the horn I'm thinking about getting, and it has a sound clip. Don't turn your speakers up too loud - Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn - Chrome

·
Registered
251 Posts
...By the way - I like your bike, CheeseyRider. (Frankly, based upon your bike you don't look like you're a cheesey rider.)...
LOL - Thanks for the compliments.

Maybe it would make more sense if you knew my last name is KRAFT.

My buddies in high school used to call me "The Big Cheese", and my best friend tagged me "Cheesey Rider" when I bought my first bike. When I joined the forum, I couldn't think of anything else to use as an ID. Maybe I'll switch to something related to Vulcan's or Nomads...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Maybe it would make more sense if you knew my last name is KRAFT."

That does put your name in a different perspective. :) Actually, it's a good name - there's some personal history behind it and it sounds like there's probably some positive memories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts