Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my front tire changed last summer. :roll: now that i have a new tire i noticed my sterring shakes from side to side at lower speeds.Do i need to rebalance the tire or is it something else. Please help! thanks

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does it shake all the time, or just when you brake? If it does it all the time then it could be that your tire is out of balance, but if I am thinking correctly it would get worse as you accelerate and become a harsh vibration not a shake at high speeds. It also could be your steering head bearings. If it's only happening when braking it is probably that you have a warped rotor. Not knowing what kind of bike this is and exact circumstances make it kinda hard to diagnose a problem. I could tell you how to check and see if your tire was properly balanced, PM me if your interested. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey man I know what you are going threw.

Same thing hapen to me, I used to have Pereli on my bike, the I bough new tire and
come the shaky shake.

Have you guessed yet, yes!! the new tire cause it. go back to the same tire you had or replace with something else. Some buke are picky with some combination of compound and patyerns.

It sounds crazy, but it happened to me and two other of my friend.

Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well, if you put it in storage...could be a flat spot. How was it stored over the winter or are you an all year person?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts