Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter i believe the brakes on my scoot had gotten a lil sticky, when i first pulled out my scoot it was nearly impossible to move it backwards. When i rode her i felt a slight pull but after 1 block it was gone. Today went for a ride and the same thing, could it be my pads sticking to my rotors ?? or something else , it does like i said get way better after 1 block , could it be from moisture whats the cure should i redo my brakes and get the rotors cleaned ?? any help would be awesome.....

X

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
clean up the calipers and make sure they are moving in and out properly. Might be some grease/etc in there than when cold isn't letting go. Unless you have rust on your rotor, there should be no reason for the pad itself to be sticking to the rotor. It's kept out of the weather, I assume?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it got hit with some snow the first snow fall we had but i did notice some rust build up on the rotors when i looked at it, and i think that might be the problem. When its warmer tomorrow and do a complete looky at all the moving parts. Im trying to do every repair myself this year and sve some money. I went out for a second ride today and all went well no sticky brakes. Now as i backed up i did hear a few squeaks from the brakes so it should only be a minor problem..... it has been in the garage 99.9% of the time it was that first snow fall that must have started it.

X

1 - 3 of 3 Posts