Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new exhaust system, so I'll be putting it on soon enough.

Does anyone have or know of some good instructions for removing the stock system and installing a new system. The installation of the new system seems easy enough, but removing the stock system seems like a bit of a chore. I have the instructions that came with the new pipe, but they leave a bit to be desired in my humble opinion. I'd like this to come off with the least amount of aggrevation possible.

Thanks for any helpful information or tips you can provide.

·
Registered
302 Posts
pipe install

BT,
Gadgets fixit page has good instructions on just about anything for these bikes. I think his website has moved so try typing in gadjets fixit.com and see what comes up. Another excellent article is on the motorcyclecruiser.com website, go to the tech & custom section on the toolbar(left side) on page 8 "How to Install A Pipe". There is alot of useful info in this whole section on many do it yourself projects.
Hope This Helps!
Lonestar

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Since I too am shopping for pipes, each suppliers web page seems to have directions for removal and installation that seems clear enough for me. I am by no means a pro wrencher but have enough skills to follow those directions. I have also spent time looking at the mounting on my stock pipes just to become familiar with the mountings

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

pipe change is pretty easy on most kawi cruisers - just a few bolts
and a couple of gaskets and your done

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just changed my pipes two weeks ago and the pipes came with info on how to remove the stock ones. If you did not get any info on how look at the Vance and Hines page for you bike and they have a pdf file on how to remove them along with the install info. Dont forget to rejet or remap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts