Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend told me that until I put on aftermarket pipes on my 1500 classic that I should take a crow bar and a hammer and bust out the baffle?

Chime in with your opinions

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't listen to your friend .

If you take the baffls out of the stock pipes it will open them up way to wide and you will be screwing with re-jetting it for weeks.

Its so not worth it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

spok-just change the pipes altogether - if you want sound you'll be happier :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Bike, while we are on the subject of pipes...what do you recomend to be the absolute best sounding and loudest Cobra pipes that they make? I have been looking for my future bike and I REALLY like the looks of the "Lo-Boy Staggered" pipes. Also would like any info you might have on the chip that the 04 1600 requires to have for pipes because of the fuel injection. Your input and opinion would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Jeff

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply. thats what I thought, a hole in the baffle is gonna decrease the back pressure and allow more air out....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

jeff- sound is in the ear of the beholder :lol:

but as far as cobra's pipes,i find their slash cut drag pipes to be the loudest to me
i think that's the lo-boys? they look the these on my harley :wink:

you shoud'nt need a map for just pipes,usually you go foolin' with the intake and
it should be tuned,but the f/i will compensate for a pipe change in nearly every case

spok- plus it never sounds as good as aftermarket pipes imo

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmm..... sounds like ear plugs are in order. I made the mistake of putting a set of Cobra staggered lowboys on the 1100 V-star that my wife is now riding. Those suckers are WAY LOUD!!!! I make her ride a distance behind me so I don't have to listen to them :lol:
I've been messing with quieting them down, no luck yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts