Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2007 Vulcan 900 Classic
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the stock seat on these two bikes? I know that when I got my 900 I could only stand it for about a month. Is there any improvement in the factory seat?

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is the best stock seat I've had on a bike. I don't know how it is made, but it feels like a gel seat. Nice and wide with plenty of support. Almost as nice as a Miustang seat I had on another bike. The stock seat is also covered with a good, soft leather cover. I think you'll like it.

Which bike are you thinking about?

The Voyager is my first really big bike, but I really like the fit. I'm 5-11, 186lbs, and I do not feel cramped at all (I did feel cramped on the Harley Ultra Classic). Usually the factory setting for the handlebars on bikes is too low for me, so I loosened the riser clamps and rotated the bars up just a little (to where it does not hit the fairing at full turn). It feels just right, and no need for taller risers.

·
2007 Vulcan 900 Classic
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that the seats appear to be a better quality. It's between the Nomad and the Voyager. Once my finances start to look a little better I'll make a decision.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The seat on the Nomad is the most comfortable motorcycle saddle I've ever experienced, including a $900 aftermarket seat for my Goldwing. It's exceptionally comfortable, which is surprising for an OEM seat.

It is very comfortable and I won't be making any changes. After 2000 miles it fits me like a glove and is actually pleasurable to sit on....more comfortable than my easy chair! :lol:

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
A five hundred mile run to Key West and return the next day left me with no desire to change my stock seat. I believe riding position has a lot to do with how the seat fits you. I sit up straight like in a high back chair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts