Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aftermarket ones I got are 21w and were starting to melt the outside cover. The ones on the bike before were LED. Anyway, what's the stock specs on those side markers in the front? Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
What model EX500 have you got ? so i can narrow it down .

As you are State side i would imagine you have running lights in the front indicators, If this is the case then the bulbs should be twin filaments..12V 23/8W.
Now if your burning the cover then i think that you are lighting the 21w continously when it would normally be the 8W leaving the 23W for the flashing side.

Sounds like aftermarket mod gone wrong..

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
WATTS

I'd run LED's till I couldn't find them any more. They draw less current, are brighter, don't burn out , faster to come on, aren't affected by water an vibration... anyway if you must...check the bulb to make sure hat it is in right and not 180 degrees out of rotation within the socket. then check the book and or wiring diagram and see which wire is supposed to be for running lights and which color for turn signal then remove the cover and see which element is on...it sounds like they are reversed...first though remove each bulb and check to see this first...IF you go to a store hat sells lamps you can find a book. or even do it on line on lamps and what wattage that they are by numbers and manuactures...1157/1034 1157H...all sorts of designations and wattage...I just repaired a car the other day where a guy had put a 1156 (Backup) lamp into a 1157 socket and it was a wonder it didn't fry all the wiring in teh car. ANYWAY your running lights should be the dimmer of the two elements...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts