Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2004 suzuki GSX-R 600 for sale for $2900 with 1100 miles and still under warrenty. Never been down and looks brand new. Should I jump on an offer like this or forget about it (its almost too good to be true)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Unless this guy is a VERY close personal friend or a VERY close family member, I have to shout BS. Either the bike has been down or abused. There's no way someone is gonna sell that bike as new as it is with that low miles for that amount of money. The other thing I have to think is if the bike is stolen.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If they have the title and registration information on the bike and are willing to have your mechanic go through it top to bottom I would consider it. Usually when its too good to be true it is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My biggest concern would be that it's stolen. It may have been ridden hard, raced or abused, but for that price, you can fix an engine or transmission and still come out ahead.

I would make sure it runs well now and the seller is the correct owner, and definitely consider it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would have to echo all the concerns mentioned here. 99% of the time every deal that is too good to be true has a very long string attatched that makes it worth letting go.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Recently there have been a lot of bikes offered on Ebay for outrageously low prices from people in places like Bulgaria, Rome, Germany, Ireland. These people offer the bikes for about 10 to 20% of their actual value and say they will pay the shipping costs. They demand you send money by Western Union and often include an email document sent to you by ebay or square trade or some other trading place that says they are a good trader. THESE ARE ALL FRAUDES. Ebay says in its documentation that if you use Western Union you forfet all protection provided by Ebay. They will take your money and you'll never hear from them again. So just be careful. And when you go to buy something make sure you get the whole story. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a good deal because they NEED to sell the item. Like my ZX-9R. I got it for $5,900 because the guy was having a baby and needed to get rid of it. No matter who you are dealing with find out WHY they are selling the item. If they at all try to rush you into the purchase let that set off a little warning flag in your head telling you to back off.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Green Knight said:
Recently there have been a lot of bikes offered on Ebay for outrageously low prices from people in places like Bulgaria, Rome, Germany, Ireland. These people offer the bikes for about 10 to 20% of their actual value and say they will pay the shipping costs. They demand you send money by Western Union and often include an email document sent to you by ebay or square trade or some other trading place that says they are a good trader. THESE ARE ALL FRAUDES. Ebay says in its documentation that if you use Western Union you forfet all protection provided by Ebay. They will take your money and you'll never hear from them again. So just be careful. And when you go to buy something make sure you get the whole story. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find a good deal because they NEED to sell the item. Like my ZX-9R. I got it for $5,900 because the guy was having a baby and needed to get rid of it. No matter who you are dealing with find out WHY they are selling the item. If they at all try to rush you into the purchase let that set off a little warning flag in your head telling you to back off.
You hit that one right on the spot. I was watching quite a few auctions and after revisiting many of them, it said "invalid item number." These bikes were all in those countries or they lived there now and claimed they moved there and could not take thier bike which was still in the states. Also, many of the auctions had the same body saying they were the single owner, etc and they would be selling 5 or 6 bikes for the same reason. They said private bidders....please email the seller. I did so and they all sent emails saying they were part of square trade and needed payment via western union. I know there arent many people that have that many new bikes and sell them all at the same time unless its a dealership. I asked for phone numbers to contact them and one response was "i hope to have a phone number soon, until then i can only communicate online." They wanted me to believe they could afford a computer, internet access, several motorcycles, and no phone. BECAREFUL of the frauds!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts