Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2007 900 Classic
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone checked out the new for 2010 Star Stratoliner deluxe 113 CI 1850 cc, hard bags and batwing fairing, with MP3 and speakers. Pretty darn sweet looking bike. Price is 17,4k might be a bit high, but if you add a stereo fairing to a 1700 Nomad you are almost at the same price.

Added 15 minutes later:

I was really excited about this bike until I saw that they put a 4.5 gal tank on it. Star makes a 6 gal tank for their Royal Stars, and this bike has a bigger motor, why the heck would they put such a small tank on a heavy cruiser.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,749 Posts
Anyone checked out the new for 2010 Star Stratoliner deluxe 113 CI 1850 cc, hard bags and batwing fairing, with MP3 and speakers. Pretty darn sweet looking bike. Price is 17,4k might be a bit high, but if you add a stereo fairing to a 1700 Nomad you are almost at the same price.

Added 15 minutes later:

I was really excited about this bike until I saw that they put a 4.5 gal tank on it. Star makes a 6 gal tank for their Royal Stars, and this bike has a bigger motor, why the heck would they put such a small tank on a heavy cruiser.
Cause 8 out of 10 riders only ride to the coffee shop. :biggrin:

It shows as a 17l tank here in Canada, and they are quoting mileage:

Fuel Consumption * 16.5kpl/45mpg(Imp)

so that's 280km to the tank, that's decent range. Funny thing when I was looking at this model, the Deluxe is cheaper than the Stratoliner S???

·
Registered
543 Posts
I ride a stratoliner and the 4.5gallon tank hasn't been an issue and I use it for long trips. If I go easy on the throttle I can get around 48mpg at 70-75mph. If I stay around 65mph I can squeeze another 2-3mpg out of it.

·
ULTIMATE Forum Supporter
7,749 Posts
That's a Premium bike at $23,000C, the new Victory Cross Country is *only* $20,000 comparing batwings to batwings. ;-) The Cross Roads (windshield and hard bags) is just over $17,000 and that's even cheaper than a Nomad. Both the Stratoliner and Victorys have hydraulic valves but if you're hung up on fuel tanks the Victory has a 5.8g (22l) tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.