Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dang! Went to do my pre-ride empty of the bladder...can you say turtling? Yeah, knew you could.

This is my third ride since I went down hard in Aug. First two post wreck rides the bike got squirrelly on that wore out ol' tire. Stopped riding until got a new tire on bike.

Now heading out to dial in the tire pressure and wear off the shiny stuff. Dang...didn't think I'd be this worked up.

<deep breath>

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Good to hear you got back out there.

Since Kawasaki is Japanese, I'll throw this your way...

The Japanese phrase "nanakorobiyaoki" meaning "Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight" is composed of the kanji (read as "nana") meaning "seven", (read as "korobi") meaning "to fall", (read as "ya") meaning "eight", and (read as "oki") meaning "to get up".

This popular Japanese phrase speaks to the importance of getting back up despite repeated failures and to keep on going despite setbacks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like Messer00's phrase. My two cents is to take it easy on your next few rides. I've had a couple spills and recently a close call that fortunately turned out okay. What I do after that is focus on the basics and not push any limits for a while to get comfortable again. Also it takes 100 to 300 miles to get the slick coating off the new tire. Good luck and enjoy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.