Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lid on my 2000 EJ-650 is stuck. The key turns about 20 deg. but lid won't budge. Could sure use some advice. Contact me at [email protected] if you know a remedy. Thanx. Keith Williams Bartlesville OK USA

·
Super Moderator
10,664 Posts
Bartlesville eh? I spent some time there back in the '90s, nice place & wonderful people. Really made us feel at home.

Have you found anything? I recently helped a buddy with this and we used a lot of WD40 in the lock (cover the tank paint) and had to really press down hard on the cap while wiggling the key. In fact, the first key wouldn't work but a second did. Once we go it opened we found the little latch things were stiff but the WD40 finally worked in enough to get it. Turned out there was some what seemed like moisture-induced sludge in them. A good cleaning did the trick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The lid on my 2000 EJ-650 is stuck. The key turns about 20 deg. but lid won't budge. Could sure use some advice. Contact me at [email protected] if you know a remedy. Thanx. Keith Williams Bartlesville OK USA
After you get it off don't put the same one on. I have a z1000 it has a keyless tank opening and I love it I don't have to take my key out of ignition...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx guys. I will try the WD-40. I have tried other stuff, banging on lid with rubber mallet, etc, We'll see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts