Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 99 Nomad and on the way home, wouldn’t 't ya know, it started to rain. :x So right away I became very intimate with my new bike and learned quickly how she handles on wet roads. And surprisingly, the bike handled quite well.

My question is this; what should I do, maintenance-wise, to the bike after pulling her in out of the rain. I wiped the bike down with some soft towels except where there was noticeable road dirt (I didn't want to scratch the paint/chrome), but should I do any thing else? The next nice day I have available, I plan to wash the bike, but am I missing something, should I do anything to the bike until I wash it?

Some advice/experience needed. THANKS!!

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Don't worry about it, nothing special needs to be done if it gets rained on.

When you gat a chance a good wash and wax will help next time you get caught in the rain to avoid water spots, actually hosing off the dirt before it has a chance to dry might be a good idea but not absolutely necessary.

Now if the bike had a chain that would be different, wiping it dry and lubing it would be a good idea but you don't have one now do you .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny you mention how well the Nomad is in the rain. When I had mine, I loved it. I remember going out to Colorado to visit my brother. I rented a Road King, because it was the closest they had to the Nomad. I waited out the majority of a huge thunderstorm in Denver, and started back up to his house just as it was passing. I remember feeling like I was driving a bus, with all the wind a rain. I SO wished that I had my Nomad under me. What a great bike the Nomad is. It handles like a dream and I would say it is the Cadillac of Motorcycles! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I haven't had my Nad out in the rain yet, but I'm lovin' it on the dry roads!! Handles really well. Living in Wisconsin, I'm sure I'll have the opportunity soon to drive in rain....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yall get you some frog togs-ride in the rain all day.nice and dry :wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanna ride my nomad very waking minute (and then dream about riding while I sleep :) ). I just hate to see road dirt start crusting up on her during rides in the rain. I want to keep my ride clean and shinny, but I much rather be riding her on sunny days than washing her.

Keep the shinny side up! 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, Frogg Toggs are the clear answer. They are always in my saddle bags. Best rainwear I know of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts