On a saddle, I prefer the look of:

• a studded seat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a non-studded seat

Votes: 0 0.0%

Studded vs. Non-Studded

4K views 64 replies 49 participants last post by  tely 
#1 ·
I want to get a Mustang seat. My wife thinks the studded seat looks "Village People" (ie. Y.M.C.A) -ish. I like the clean look of a plain black seat, but I also like the look of studs. What do you think?

Also, do you think studs are all too common on bikes?

#4 ·
I agree with you about the "seriously non village people types" that have studs. I tried explaining to her that village people and bikers are two very different breeds.

You bring up an interesting point. I have a cobra sissy bar that is not studded. Do you think it would look better if the seat matched the sissy bar?

#6 ·
I agree with you about the "seriously non village people types" that have studs. I tried explaining to her that village people and bikers are two very different breeds.

You bring up an interesting point. I have a cobra sissy bar that is not studded. Do you think it would look better if the seat matched the sissy bar?
I would look to keep everything matching. IMHO, it looks odd when you have soem stuff with studs, and some without. So I voted non-studded.

#8 ·
I tried explaining to her that village people and bikers are two very different breeds.
Unless they are Village People Bikers, which thanks to the location of the gas station I used to work at, used to hang out in our bathrooms till we kept the key inside. Hellavu place to assert your sex life if you ask me.

#12 ·
Depends. I like the studs, but it has to match. Saddle, bags and sissy bar. It's all or nothing.

However, if you have custom stitching, then the studs might compete visualy. My saddle has an alligator texture to it, so studs would take away from the look of it. A plain leather would look just that... plain.

See what I mean?

#13 ·
My Vulcan 900 is my first cruiser-style bike and I specifically opted not to go with the 900LT because I didn't want the studs. I've added bags, sissy bar, and shield to my 900 Classic so that it has the benefits of a touring cruiser without the studs. My wife would say that there is only one stud on my bike. :)

#15 ·
Personally I like both, but it depends on the rest of your cycles accessories and the look you are going for!! Non-studded if the bags are plain or the bike already has plenty of 'bling', Studded if the bags are or you need a little extra eye 'pop' to dress it up a bit.

Matthew

#22 ·
I like Studs (Stock seat came with em' so the Tank Bra I added has em' also.) but like any add on or ornamentation, they can be overdone. Mr Clean, +1 ,doesn't matter what flavor of 'taffy' you prefer, a public restroom is _not_ the place to indulge.
Painless Black Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...

2005 Drifter 800

#25 ·
I tend to agree with your Mrs. Personally, I prefer the non-studded look, but that's just my own personal preference. Of the 1,000's of bikes I've ever seen, I'd say I prefer the non-studded 90/10 over the studded ones. That's not to say that I haven't seen bikes with studed seats and accessories that don't look good. Tastefully done, studded bikes can look bad-*** too.

I just prefer the solid black, no b.s., no parade special look of a non-studded bike. But that's just me...:cool:

My $.02,
Daryl

PS- The Village People ROCK!!! :lol: :eek: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.