Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Haha my top end likes its oil too much to stunt. But nice pics. Except the one with no helmet.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
If I had a crappy bike I would...other then that only wheelies once in awhile

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
I recognize and admire the skill, but I'd never do it ...any machine that can go 120mph down the highway should never be used as a plaything.

You look like a responsible rider (at least, it doesn't appear as though you are in the midst of traffic), but far too many of your fellow stunters aren't ...and their antics on public streets and highways have given the whole sportbike community a bad reputation.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i'd rather hit the curves and go fast on the str8 aways. plus a zx-12 isn't exactly made for stunting.
got nothing against ya though.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If I had a bike that was solely for stunting, it would be fun. I would have a full cage though and all the other modes, short levers, rear brake on the right etc.

I guess back in the day I was ahead of my time. Used to get up and stand on old 900 ltd and do side to side hops on the freeway, but then I figured I was immortal, found out later it wasn't true.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Well I stood up on my Honda in 71 and would bring my 250 up in 1st and not set it down till I hit 4th where it didn't have the torque to keep it up any longer. Those days are long gone now and this old girl I ride now can only manage a wheelie for about 200 feet at best. Age has gotten to the both of us now so we just ride and both of us are enjoying the fact that we're still around to do it.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I don't condone stuning on public streets. empty or not

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Any stunters out there?

Heres a few pics of me

I can't see the pics (firewall must be stopping them), but from other comments, it sounds like the stunting was done on the street.

Bad idea. It paints crap over all motorcycle riders. Let's do the math.

It frightens Aunt Tilly, who then complains to the city council, who then complains to the police chief, who mentions it to his Traffic Division commander, who tells the Watch Commanders to make sure everyone knows that this WILL REPEAT WILL be stopped before someone gets hurt.

At this point, you start seeing "extra enforcement" against motorcyclists, and everyone gripes about the "**** cops targeting bikers."

And if the traffic cop actually SEES you doing this, you Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200, but Go Directly to JAIL.

There was a jackass who not only stunted all over town, but would dare the cops to catch him. This went on for a couple of weeks, until the day his own buddies called the PD to come get him -- after they beat the heck out of the SOB and busted up his bike -- because they were tired of not being able to go on a ride without being stopped by the cops. One of the people who testified at the trial was the girl who had shot all the video of him stunting.

There is a raceway somewhere near you. Talk to them about doing a "Stunt Competition" (and about practice sessions). Keep it off the streets. Even the Blue Angels only do stunts at the right time and the right place.

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
I recognize and admire the skill, but I'd never do it ...any machine that can go 120mph down the highway should never be used as a plaything.

You look like a responsible rider (at least, it doesn't appear as though you are in the midst of traffic), but far too many of your fellow stunters aren't ...and their antics on public streets and highways have given the whole sportbike community a bad reputation.
^^^
+1

Be careful out there, Brandy. 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
there were a bunch of bikers that joined up with our local riding group that could do some of the most amazing wheelies I have ever seen.Unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it that was there only talent and couldn't hang in the twisties so they left and haven't seen them since. I like my bike too much to do that kinda stuff to it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts