Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I took the fuel line off the petcock a few days ago I noticed a good constant drip every second or two coming from the line even though it was in the ON position. I ordered a rebuild kit from Old Bike Barn and just installed it but its still leaking the same.

The kit came with the diaphragm assembly (with the plunger) and spring for the rear of the petcock. Also the thick rubber piece with the three holes in it (packing, tap valve), the knob O-ring, and the tank O-ring.

I had the same issue last year and replaced the tap valve packing and figured it fixed the issue but maybe it didnt. Lucky my float valve works good!

Any ideas what could be wrong in there? Im gonna go take it apart again and see if I can see anything.

Thanks, Josh

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the issue but just cant fix it.... The plunger attached to the diaphragm just wont seat well into the countersunk hole where it is supposed to seal off the fuel unless vacuum pulls it back when the engine is on.

Ive tried adding a washer under the spring to give a little more pressure but it seems that its more alignment than spring pressure.

Any hints? New petcock or just put an on off switch after the petcock?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its K&L brand made in Japan. It seems like a good quality kit but I guess not good enough eh? Beartooth is on the board here?

·
Pump Hopper
2,503 Posts
I have a new OEM petcock still in the box, never used, for a 800 need to sale. I mounted a small tank on my 800 chopper
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts