Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anybody headed to the Sturgis Rally in the Black Hills?I'm leaving very early Wednesday, hoping to be in Sturgis around noon.Thats about a 450 mile ride.I'll see if my full dressed 800 can keep up with a Harley Road King and Heritage Softtail.We plan on riding through the hills for a couple of days after that before heading home.The Black Hills is a great ride!Maybe see you there. :D

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I won't be going but I'd be interested in a report back on how your baby keeps up with the Road King and Softail. That to me is an interesting comparision

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Luck on your ride to Sturgis. Hope to go to one of the rally's myself some day. By the Zip code you must be in S.F. right? :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sturgis

I'm going to sturgis too! On the 19th. Sturgis Mississippi :D called Sturgis South or little Sturgis. Rally started there about 5 or 6 years ago. Has gotten very big from what I'm told. Would like to go to the Black Hills, but it's about 1500 miles for me. I can post Pics when I return.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You would not believe the number of bikes in town the last week or so. Normally I see 2 or 3 a day but on the interstate alone I counted a group of 25 going north & several other groups hanging out at a few gas stations.

Got passed on I25 today by 6 bikers going at least 85mph (I was going 70) in a 65 mph zone & others closing in when I hit my exit.

Just a matter of time till we get our 1st motorcycle accident call of the rally.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from Sturgis Saturday night-1250 miles in 4 days. The 800 kept up fine with the big Harley's,one has the big bore kit and both have aftermarket pipes and chips.The 800 is stock except the baffles are drilled out.I could accelerate just as fast until 90 mph,then it was wound up pretty good.Thinking of doing some mods in the winter to help this.Yep I'm in S.F. We thought Custer was actually a better town to hang out in than Sturgis-not so crowded.Happy Trails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts