Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 1500 a model, bought the bike about 2 months ago and after usual service items new tires and brakes set off on a 3 day road trip to la, trip down was in eventful, the day after arriving the fuel pump failed, took 10 days to resolve, the following day started out heading for home, on the way to fuel up a sudden loss of oil pressure as I was pulling in to the station, sounded like plastic grinding against metal,. Towed bike back to friends, assuming the log had failed ordered a replacement, when it arrived I tore into the bike and found the log intact, no other visible issues with right side case decided possibly the oil pressure sending unit so replaced it, buttoned we up fresh oil and filter hit the starter button, fired right up oil light went out but noise comming from top end, rattling noise from top around cam chain area. After aabout 30-45 seconds the oil pressure light began to flicker shut it down any ideas, this is my first import big twin in 20+ yrs, certainly not a simple design like the evo. About to fear into the front valve cover to see what I can see. Any help would be greatly appreciated sleeping in a tent is getting old fast

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you done a Compression and Oil Pressure test, might be worth it to point you in the right direction

1 - 2 of 2 Posts