Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . After buying the new 900 custom the Mrs has taken over our 04 800 classic . My question is where to look to find a lowering kit for the 800 to get it to fit her a little better

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I used to have an 800 and I bought a Modified Clevis from Scootworks. It basically replaces the one on your strut and has the hole where it mounts to the frame situated a tad higher. It dropped the bike about .75 of an inch and was perfect for me. I'm 5'5" with a 27" inseam. There is also instructions on a website. Sorry I can't quote that site as I'm at work and don't have it on this computer. Perhaps someone else might know. The guy is a close friend of the owner of Scootworks.
Scootworks - Kawasaki Lowering Kits and Suspension Accessories
This is the link for the bigger lowering kit. Hope this helps

·
900mocustom
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointers V . ive not been having any luck locating a kit of any kind for this bike including the local dealerships . I will keep this post updated on my progress .... not to mention im sure she will be MUCH happier if i can get it down even .75in.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Tweek's Vulcan Cruiser

This is the page I was looking for earlier. Tweeks site is a virtual smorg of 800 tips. I suggest it for a great read for anyone with an 800. As you can see, there are 2 mods to lower the bike. Either modify the trailing link or modify the Clevis ( on the bottom of the strut ) Instead od modifying the clevis, I ordered the premodified one from the site. Check out that whole site. I also took his suggestion as to removing the air valve so that my bike didn't backfire and pop with my aftermarket pipes. The mod worked so well that I ended up doing it to 2 of my friends 800 Vulcans. Go to the bottom of the main page and you'll see an area called ( stuff about Loridre's bike ) On the first line of mods, you'll see a link called ( lowering the rear ) That link will take you to the area your looking for. Hope this helps you and remember ( WE LOVE PICTURES ) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts