Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While am waiting on my new 1600 nomad to arrive, I went ahead and ordered a lightbar and some ribbed grips, that the dealer said would put on before I pick up the bike ( no cost for install :D ) any ideas on what else would be a good idea to have ?

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
a nomad is pretty much full of everything you may want. except for sat. radio. one thing i would install would be bagger pipes and a PCIII

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Does it come with a windshield? They are really nice.

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
Just a couple ideas..

Lucky you-waiting for a shiney new Nad!

check out Cheesyrider's sweet Premeux fairing:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-cruisers/61210-new-fairing-my-nomad-pics.html

Highway pegs
winshield bag
tank bib
Sissy bar (if it doesn't come with one and you have a passenger)
luggage rack/trunk
gps unit
maps
sunscreen
shell card

It's hard to wait for a new toy innit? I just drove to pick mine up over thxgvg, and I was like a kid going to Disneyland. It was all I could think about for a week!

You'll put up pix when you get her?

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
The number one upgrade IMO is the need for risers, just go to scootworks.com and order the Phats IIs.

Next you might want some replacement lowers since the stock plastic is just too darn small.

And this time of year in cool weather riding you might enjoy some engine guard chaps -really makes riding in cold quite pleasant.

Lotsa other stuff you can do, and oh don't forget to bookmark Gadget's Fixit Page For Kawasaki Nomad & Classic Modification Maintenance & Repair

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is real hard waiting, but after reading here, it will be well worth the wait,
so, in the mean time I will just keep finding cool stuff that I can put on the bike when it does get here.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Cleaning rags...polish...beverage of choice...and late nights as you massage the paint and chrome to a high luster. ;)

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Dave,
The two things that I've done to my Classic that made the most difference were Phat II risers and a driver backrest. It made the bike FAR more comfortable for long distance riding. You already have a shield on it, so highway bars and footpegs would be another good start.

Then of course there's the power upgrades such as air intake, pipes and a PCIII, if you want to go that direction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im keeping the foot pegs off my other bike to put on the nomad, I have a driver backrest also on the other bike but it will not fit on the new one so that might be another thing right off the bat, because it does make a big difference thanks

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I put the risers and backrest on mine in 04 just before I did an iron butt ride. Before that, I had constant problems with upper back muscle ache when riding any length of time. I was a little concerned putting them on just before the ride, but it was the best thing I did. rode the 1k miles without any problems whatsoever. My butt even survived! :D

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
+1,000,000 on the engine guard, highway bars, whatever you want to call them.

·
98' 1500 Classic
978 Posts
fingerless gloves and one of Rugers poser patches! If your gonna join the club, join the club.

·
Premium Member
2,603 Posts
Oh what the heck, this thread needs a...
Nomad PIC

BTW, if anyone gets the urge to get a Wompus Rack & Trunk -I'd sell mine at a great price, since I never seem to use em anymore -just shoot me an email at: [email protected]

And here's a pic of the Wompus Rack and Trunk:

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
He's getting a Nomad so he already gets the engine guards stock (also the rear bag guards come standard on Nads to protect those beatiful hard bags) :wink:
I thought that was the case, but I couldn't remember. Thanks for helping me out on that. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts