Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!!!!

Im trying to get the left lower flairing off my 94 ZX750r.
But one of the torque scews that goes thru the flairing into the frame will not come out.
It seems stripped or something anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out.Thanks in advance

·
Registered
269 Posts
When I first started redoing my bike that was one of my biggest problems was froze and stripped fasteners. See if a standard allen wrench will fit it. Most of the time that is what stripped them in the first place. But on alot of mine I had to take a dremel tool and cut a line in the head and use a flat head screwdriver to get them out. Just be carefull you dont hit the plastic, it is quick to eat through it. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA awesome whitey i never even thaught of doing that.

I have a dremel to so thats probably what i will do.

I need to take it off to refabricate them to new condition.
Its alot cheaper then buying new one.:)

Thanks again for the info

·
Registered
269 Posts
No prob, hope it works for ya. Some of mine where so bad I took and J B Weilded allen heads into bolt heads to get them out, but the dremel usually will do the trick.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
michiganarft11,

Yea man i use a 6 part solution.After i aplly it i can form it to shape and it can be sanded/drilled/painted/hit with hammer :) and wont crack or break.The good thing about this is it dries to a smooth finish.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Michigan that is a great suggestion! I have tried many things and most have failed over time, that never srossed my mind. I finally ended up buying new plastic or used stuff off of ebay when I could find it. But I got an old fender I cant wait try to fix.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I try take some before and after pics of my fenders im getting reday t redo so you all can see how it turns out.Will look good.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts