Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got a job interview tomorrow going to have to take the bike. Wife's car is in the shop so she has my Caddy and I don't trust my old Dodge to get me all the way there and back (460 round trip).

I know a bike isn't the most 'professional' mode of transport, so I will be parking about a block away out of sight, changing and walking in. Anyway has anyone carried a suit jacket on the bike with them? I was just thinking of folding it nice sticking it in a plastic bag and putting it in the saddle bag unless someone has a better idea to get it there.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
If you have one of those small light weight handheld steamers that's a good trick to use for anything. I've used them when i had to be wrinkle free after clothes were stuffed in a bag.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll roll it up instead thanks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't trust a Dodge to get me anywhere. :tongue:
Oh now those are fight'n words in my house. I'm sure it would get me there it has never let me down to date. But she's 25 yrs old and I haven't had it running highway speeds for more than about 30 miles for the last few years due to gas prices and the fact it only pulls about 8mpg.

Don't make me prove me wrong by having to drive down there and run over whatever little car you have sitting your driveway :newyear:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Besides I need an excuse to justify taking the bike to the wife... Wait no I don't I just want to ride :biggrin:

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
+1 on the roll, don't fold. Keep the breast to the outside when doing it. Also, take a towel or something, roll it tight first and then the jacket around it. Keep the roll as wide as possible to help eliminate any creases/wrinkles. May not hurt to look for a dry cleaner nearby. That way, you can show up early, pull it out to check it and get it pressed if it needs it.

Other than that, good luck! If you get that job, that will be a hellish commute!

·
Premium Member
4,907 Posts
I say fold one time... I think rolling will make it look messy especially if it's dry cleaned and starched. Jmho

·
Stale Milk Sniffer
92 Posts
Besides I need an excuse to justify taking the bike to the wife... Wait no I don't I just want to ride :biggrin:
Heheheheeeee....Now we're gettin down to the crux of the biscuit...ride on brother.

Come on down with your bad little dodge ram dooley dodge, just dont bring the suit and we'll get along fine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
One more vote for roll don't fold. Good luck on the interview.

Now, if I was conducting the interview, the first dude that rode up on 2 wheels and pulled his sportcoat out of a saddlebag would get the job on the spot!!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I'm with B3 I'd like to see a guy pull up and take the jacket out. Bikes are a lot more accepted than they were... well before my time. Still you just never know with new employers after I know I got the job well they just have to deal with me riding to work. Shoot I even shaved.

( please don't bring back the beard thread that's what made me grow it out. )

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ok so I got a job interview tomorrow going to have to take the bike. Wife's car is in the shop so she has my Caddy and I don't trust my old Dodge to get me all the way there and back (460 round trip).

I know a bike isn't the most 'professional' mode of transport, so I will be parking about a block away out of sight, changing and walking in. Anyway has anyone carried a suit jacket on the bike with them? I was just thinking of folding it nice sticking it in a plastic bag and putting it in the saddle bag unless someone has a better idea to get it there.
I do it all the time, my suit is Italian Cashmere, a good shake of the jacket and its fine. I do fold it neatly, but the bags are a good size so no problems.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Shoot I even shaved.

( please don't bring back the beard thread that's what made me grow it out. )
dang, i was about to post some new pics in there as i'm back to a decent length now....

i've carried a suit in my saddlebars before, just roll it loosely and it'll be fine.
Most suits get creased when worn on the way to work anyway, so they're not gonna expect it to be neatly pressed, but try not to get any creases in it...

i'm sure you could iron them out using your hot exhaust pipes though..... ;) :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts