Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buy a riding jacket for the summertime when the temps are in the 90s. I would like to get a mesh jacket with padding. I have read some complains about the mesh jacket being formless and the pads moving around...like the elbow pad not staying over the elbow,etc.
Would like to hear anyones experience Thanks.

Bob917

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
hadn't heard of anyone having problems like you described, but www.newenough.com tipped me off today while I was at their warehouse that in a week or 2 they will have some brand new mesh gear, $59 for the jacket, armor included. they have matching mesh pants too.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a Cortech GX Air jacket for summer commuting and I have no complaints. The padding in the elbows were a little bothersome when I first got the jacket, but after wearing it a few times they "molded" to my elbows and I haven't had any problems since. Joe Rocket's Phoenix 3.0 mesh jacket (new this year) uses Poly Steel Mesh. They use polyester fabric woven with a fine steel thread. It is supposed to give increased protection.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a Firstgear Mesh Jacket and the pads in the elbows move a bit when it's not on. Other than that, it's a great summer jacket that lets lots of air through.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a FirstRacing mesh jacket and paid about $100 for it. It has lots of pads in the chest and back. There are also shoulder and elbow pads that move around a lot. Had it one week when i took my first spill and one of the chest pad came loose; now it is floating around between the layers. However, the jackit was the smallest they made in female sizes and is still a little loose so it may be different for men where the fit is better. dunno. Leather seems like the best material for mest jackets too. The nylon of my jacket frays to easily.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Shift Air Avenger mesh textile jacket and it's been working very well for me. I haven't noticed any problems with the armor moving around. Overall it's an excellent jacket. I bought it from newenough.com.

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
Only advice I'd offer about a mesh jacket is not to bother with any of the 4 season models with a thermal liner, or worse, both a thermal liner and a waterproof liner. The problem is the jackets are 2 completely different sizes depending on if the liner(s) are in.

·
Mean Streak Convert
37 Posts
I have the Olympia Airglide 2 mesh Jacket. It comes with a water proof liner. I've warn this jacket in temperatures from the 30's to the 90's. Have riden through many a rainy day. Haven't tried it in the snow yet. It has velcro straps around the arms, waist and in the mid section towards the back so when you take the liner out it holds the jacket snug to you. The straps also help keep the pads in place. I rarely leave home with out it.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Looking into buy a riding jacket for the summertime when the temps are in the 90s. I would like to get a mesh jacket with padding. I have read some complains about the mesh jacket being formless and the pads moving around...like the elbow pad not staying over the elbow,etc.
Would like to hear anyones experience Thanks.

Bob917
I recently bought a Tourmaster Intake jacket which seems to be well built and has three layers to it which are removeable so you can be cooler yet still have the outer jacket layer on with the CE armour and the air flows freely through it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts