Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hard to believe after we had days last week where it never go above the single digits, but it was really warm this weekend. Yesterday, the warmth melted the remaining snow on the road, so today hubby and I decided to go for a ride. It was in the low 50s, sunny and gorgeous. We rode up to Cheyenne, Wyoming. This was the first time I've taken my new bike out on the interstate for any amount of time. It was pretty windy today, but I was really impressed with how stable, smooth, and powerful the 1500 is. What a great bike! The more I ride it, the more I fall in love.

Tomorrow it's supposed to snow again, so I'm glad we got a ride in while we could.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Good for you two!!! :)

We have snow here so I changed the oil and filter on my bike today. It felt good spending some time with it even if I can't ride for now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Finally got to get out and ride my recently acquired 800 and my wife got some more riding time on the 500. Temps in the low 70's today. Saw lots of bikes out today. According to the weatherman this might be the last time for awhile. End of the week lows in the 20's & 30's and highs in the 40's & 50's.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
MAN....I wish we had 40's & 50's here....I'd be riding till I fell off my bike! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. Weather here was in the mid 60's. My wife and I managed to get in a great ride ourselves. Started out overcast and dreary but turned out to be an outstanding day! Took lots of pics, went to some historic civil war sites and some plantation homes. Can't wait to go again, but I have to go out of state for a few days. :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Houston...low 70's.
Went for a nice ride by my lonesome along the bay and on the Texas City Dike (the longets man-made dike in the World - last I checked). Actually took a short ride on the beach (the dike has hard compacted sand). What and awesome ride. Saw alot of bikes out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
WHAT ?!! And you guys never invited all of us? The least you could do is send some of that weather here! That's ok, we're SUPPOSED to have a warm one, w/o rain for a change,on Wednesday. MY turn to rub it in, so HA ! Congrats on your 1500 ! and "attaboys" on your 800 ride to. Can't beat the feelin' of a good ride, and lovin' the "ride" you're on !

·
Registered
506 Posts
Julie,Real glad for ya! After seeing those pictures you posted a few weeks ago with all that snow!!! Sorta looked like then that you would never get to ride again til summer came! See ya, Kenny in North Carolina....

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Hey bluestringer, Your starting to get quite a list of accessories going on the 800.<BG>. You better save some money for gas. hahaha

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
woodchucks800 said:
Hey bluestringer, Your starting to get quite a list of accessories going on the 800.<BG>. You better save some money for gas. hahaha

Yep, and I still need some ISO grips and handlebar risers and V&H pipes and..........but my wife is planning on some long trips coming up this spring, so you are right, I better start saving for gas. :smile:

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
bluestringer said:
Yep, and I still need some ISO grips and handlebar risers and V&H pipes and..........but my wife is planning on some long trips coming up this spring, so you are right, I better start saving for gas. :smile:
true, true, but..... all those things you mention would only make the trip more enjoyable.....hmmmmmm
;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm aching to go on my next Sunday afternoon ride, but who knows when that will be!! Mother Nature can be a tease . . . this Thursday it's expected to be sunny and 60 - when I'm at work all day - and temps drop back down to the 20's and 30's for the weekend!

·
Registered
817 Posts
God, hate to tell you this, 2 days ago in the sun it was 59, easy to ride did like 45 minutes around town, love this country, Doc.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Julie,

Mack and I got to ride our bikes yesterday...spent about an hour riding and running errands. It was great. Today it was very rainy...no riding today.

Heather

·
Registered
244 Posts
Blue, you'll definitely want the grips before a long trip. Those stockers left my hands tingling for an hour after a long ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts