Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I up and moved from the fridgid climes of Minnesota to the biker friendly weather in Florida. Took a government job in Orlando but my bike is snowed in up north. Heck of a deal. Am planning on riding it down next spring by. Still would like to make it to Red Lodge also. Will see what the future brings.

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Was really wondering where you had run off to!

Sure hope you can make it back to RL 08 ... just wouldn't be the same without seeing you two!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to Orlando. Although Central Florida does not really have a lot of hills, there are lots of neat rides well off the beaten track.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
I was wondering where you went also. It's good to hear your enjoying the sun now instead of those long winter days. Maybe you could get a tan while you wait to get your bike there. ;)

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Buy a cheapie and ride! Many days I've kicked myself for ever leaving Florida.

·
Ridden like a Ford!
4,063 Posts
congrats on the move. you will enjoy the weather in Florida. i just put in aday of riding here myself

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Hit Thunder by the Bay in Sarasota in January, That was my favorite event when there, and ts been getting bigger every year!

·
With great power comes...
683 Posts
Welcome, you'll love it here from July to September.

That's when we have to summerize our bikes.

You can take my spot, I'm hoping to be out by next year.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Yes, I remember "SummeriZing" it means thermal panels in your boot soles, NorEaster gear for the sudden storms, and a change of clothes for the sweat soaking on any ride. I prefer the rides up here mostly....rolling hills, changing seasons, mountains.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
well hello skip, good to see you checking in

nice to see you where you can ride year round

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Wow, Skip. That's a BIG move! Congratulations! Sorry about the bike, though...

·
Vegas Vulcan
1,161 Posts
Hey Skip

I lived in Florida for 23 years and there is some nice riding up around Ocala in Citrus, Marion and Levy counties. Some long rolling hills and country ranch spreads up there. You'll think you are in the hills of Kentucky. Watch out for the blue hairs. If you see one swinging way to the right you can bet they are making a left hand turn. :biggrin:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I lived in fl. for 32 years and now live in ky. and find that riding in july thru sept. its feel hotter here in ky. than in fl. also had to quit salmon fishing in aug. in michigan becall the weather got hotter there than fl. so i quess it's just how bad you want to fish and ride. so i guess what i am saying is ride on and sweat. but its worth it. just my thoughts.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome and advice. It'll be nice to ride when I get my ride. Am down here for at least a year but kinda have my mind on bidding a job in Helena or Boise and possibly Casper. I love the west but Orlando opened up so I had to take it to get my foot in the door so to speak. Am really going to try to hit Red Lodge to get my "west fix".

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
Congrats on the move to a warmer climate. We have 10" of snow where I am staying this week (Hood Canal). I miss riding.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
Well, I up and moved from the fridgid climes of Minnesota to the biker friendly weather in Florida. Took a government job in Orlando but my bike is snowed in up north. Heck of a deal. Am planning on riding it down next spring by. Still would like to make it to Red Lodge also. Will see what the future brings.
Way to go on the move!!! You are going to like it here. Coming down in the winter vs the summer is also good timing.

I made that same transition a while back, about 24 years back. Once you get accustomed to living in FL moving back to MN becomes "out of the question."

Hope you get your bike sooner than spring. The best riding weather is here now. Maybe you could have the bike shipped?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Welcome, you'll love it here from July to September.

That's when we have to summerize our bikes.

You can take my spot, I'm hoping to be out by next year.
Skip: July, August and September can be trying (but great for the beach or riding in the morning) .......but that leaves 9 months of awesome weather......yesterday was sunny high of 82....as I was riding back from Sarasota across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, I was thinking, what would I be doing if I was back home in Pittsburgh ??? IMO, only S.Cal has better weather....and they have their share of difficulties. In a few months you will never want to ever leave but please don't tell anyone.....the only problem with Florida is too many people. ED

1 - 20 of 20 Posts