Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow riders..was just wondering if anybody could give me a couple tips on adjustin my suspension.Would anybody know what the rear sag is on my 02' kx 250 with stock spring.I am 229 lbs.I had it set too stiff and I can just touch with my tip toes.I want it a lil lower but dont want to bottom out either.I think the sag is measuring 3 inches when i sit on the bike.Is this too much?Any help would be greatly appreciated guys thanks! 02kx'

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
It sounds like you want the suspension lowered, which is usually done by installing travel limiting spacers.

If you want the correct rate spring, then the stock spring is too soft for your weight. Read up on the Race Tech site under Articles to find out about sag.

If it has been a while since a shock oil change, then that will allow it to bottom out more easily. (besides having a too soft for your weight spring)

·
Registered
252 Posts
The spring doesn't adjust the height of your ride. Well its does at the expense of having less suspension working for you. You have to get a spring rated for your weight. Sag is roughly 100mm when you sit on with all your riding gear on and roughly 20-30mm by itself. Spend the dough on suspension and you won't beleive what crap you've been putting up with when riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts