Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
decided after a 100 mile damp road blast that the slightest imperfection in the road upsets the bike big time, so decided i would return things to factory settings and take it from there.
Started with the forks and adjusted as per manual except now when you push down on the bars there is very very little give in the forks.
The bike (zxr 750 J1) settings are for the rebound turn fully clockwise then turn anti clockwise 7 clicks and the preload is 81/2 or 20mm of the adjuster protruding.
any help very much appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi i have a zxr 750j2 with 53k on it.
whan i bought it the ride was rock hard and it was a 100mile ride home from hull to teesside when i got back i was just about dead and i had decided to sell the bike, the next day i decidet to take a look at the forks and the back shocker, first i wound the fork rebound out to 7th click and the spring preload out fully out.
the back shocker i set rebound to 1 and wound the spring out about 1" then took up the 1" on the bolt that is attached the the top of the shocker
this has softend the bikes ride it still performes in the corners and its very comfy to ride .its like a different machine...i pland on keeping it for a lomg time.
let me know you e.mail and ill send you some pics of the bike [email protected]

·
Registered
613 Posts
I wanted to learn how to tune my own suspension so the first thing I did was a little reading. Once I found out the basics I just started tweaking stuff until I got it so I felt comfortable. It's still a work in progress, but I definitly feel better about my bike. Here are a few links that might help:

Sportrider Suspension Guide

Another suspension clicky

ZX7R Owners Forum

ZXR and 7R info

These should help. Honestly what I did was take all the necessary tools to adjust the suspension on a ride with me. I set the suspension to full soft, and rode a section of road that I know quite well (be careful riding your bike like this, it's like riding on jello). Then I set it halfway between full soft and full hard to see what differences were made and to use this as a reference setting. ANY change I made was craefully noted in a small notepad that I keep with my bike (I would highly recommend keeping some sort of logbook). After that it was just little tweaks here and there. I guess I will have so start all over once I get my fork internaly re-done.\

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts