Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....how many of you folks out there make it a practice of swapping bikes with friends to try theirs out? I've had my Vulcan for over 6 years now and I've never even let anyone ride it, let alone swapping it for someone else's. I did swap my riding buddie to let him ride my VX800 to try it out.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I haven't, but I would.

Last year at the hershey ride there was a key swap. It's a great way to try before you buy. Plus you're amongst friends, so you know your stuff is safe.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have two buddies I ride with. One had a vtx 1300 and the other a Harley 1200. We have traded for a short time, just to try out another bike, but not for any type of ride or trip. I would never never let someone I did not know even think about riding it.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have two buddies I ride with. One had a vtx 1300 and the other a Harley 1200. We have traded for a short time, just to try out another bike, but not for any type of ride or trip. I would never never let someone I did not know even think about riding it.
yeah, I wasn't thinking so much about the "let me borrow it to go to Daytona" type of thing, just being out for a day ride and swapping bikes for a short time to check out the others.

Seems like it would be a good way to compare bikes, but then again, maybe not the bike you might be interested in considering next. The reason I thought about this was discussing with Russ about getting his new FJR and not having had a chance to ride the bikes he was comparing before he bought it. That's the situation that many of us are in, other than going to a factory demo ride to try them out. Just the way the japanese bike industry works. At least, here in NC.

As an aside, the BMW/Triumph dealer here in town told me any time I want to do a demo ride to give him a call and schedule it. He said that he's found that 80% of the time he sells a bike.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
You can lie to my face, you can have my wife, you can slander my name all over the place, but no no buddy stay off of my bike. No don't you, sit on my motorbike. You can do anything but stay off of my motorbike.

D

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
I've got no problem with it, as long as I trust the rider. Heck, it's only a bike. During the PA Forum Ride, a half a dozen of us swapped and went for a cruise. It was a blast! I ended up on ispeed's Meanie and it was fun to blast around on it.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
I've got not problem with it, as long as I trust the rider. Heck, it's only a bike. During the PA Forum Ride, a half a dozen of us swapped and went for a cruise. It was a blast! I ended up on ispeed's Meanie and it was fun to blast around on it.
:lol:
G, that is exactly where my mind went when I read the first post!!!!!
Although I didn't participate myself (being a new roder), it was a BLAST seeing everybody on a different bike!!!!

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
:lol:
G, that is exactly where my mind went when I read the first post!!!!!
Although I didn't participate myself (being a new roder), it was a BLAST seeing everybody on a different bike!!!!
I real good time! One of the highlights of the event. :cool:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
If I knew the person and their riding skills well enough I might consider it.

·
Lets RIDE!
934 Posts
Yeah I swap sometimes. Only with my really good friends. I don't let anyone ride the 675 though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I do ocassionally. I won't until I ride with somebody and see how they ride. I'm especially careful with my Ducati. The cost of repairs is HUGE and I don't want to have to fix it after somebody gets surprised by it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've allowed friends to swap bikes as we are out for a ride..... I trust all my close friends with my personal property ( As I practice through out life.... and friends also I perfer quality over quantity )

Matthew

·
2005 V2K
1,509 Posts
Good friends, experienced, short rides. With the understanding, you break it, you bought it!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts