Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Personally, I'm not going back to Mexico. I was there in 2007 in Puerto Vallarta and my 2nd last day there I got sick as a dog. I probably lost at least 5 pounds in 24 hours. Death would have been a welcome relief. I've known several people who got sick in Mexico. I'm sticking to Cuba myself. Yeah I know you can get sick anywhere but in two visits to Cuba I've not heard of anyone getting sick and several friends of mine have been there with no problems.

Hopefully this swine flu can be contained soon.

·
Estancia Meritage
1,523 Posts
Used to work for a company that made/engineered high end core networking equipment (asynchronous transfer mode aka ATM). I was on the technical marketing team "Demo Group". Was doing a tradeshow in Beijing China. The last day there, I had some kind of duck dinner. The Chinese sometimes don't cook food items all the way through. On the 20-some odd hour plane ride back to Pittsburgh, I acquired the "Revenge of Chen" sickness over the pacific. Made numerous trips to the bathroom. Lucked out as I never had to wait! And then finally, the Immodium kicked in.

Lucky...

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol:

still no news from Adam..... maybe he's in the yard rooting around in the mud :p

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
:lol:

still no news from Adam..... maybe he's in the yard rooting around in the mud :p
Nah...just rolling around in it with the Ginger wife. Ha ha! I'm feeling just fine. I have a really strong immune system. I might get sick from time to time, but it gets kicked out really fast.

I'm already getting all the calls from the old people we know. Sheesh...they need something better to do than worry about dying! And of course the news isn't helping with all their fear laden news. 150 deaths in Mexico? Yeah...only 20 have been confirmed to be linked the Swine flu as of last night. US had 40 cases as of the same time...only one resulted in hospitalization.

As for Mexico, only issue we had is everyone tried to follow suit with me in eating some Habanero salsa. Shot right through two of them. Crysti wasn't feeling "whole" for a bit if you know what I mean. Ha ha! As for me, the Mexicans were looking at me like I was nuts while I ate it!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah...just rolling around in it with the Ginger wife. Ha ha!

I'm already getting all the calls from the old people we know. Sheesh...they need something better to do than worry about dying! And of course the news isn't helping with all their fear laden news. 150 deaths in Mexico? Yeah...only 20 have been confirmed to be linked the Swine flu as of last night. US had 40 cases as of the same time...only one resulted in hospitalization.

As for Mexico, only issue we had is everyone tried to follow suit with me in eating some Habanero salsa. Shot right through two of them. Crysti wasn't feeling "whole" for a bit if you know what I mean. Ha ha! As for me, the Mexicans were looking at me like I was nuts while I ate it!
Hahaha, glad to hear you're alright though :D

the salsa sounds gooooooooooood.

·
Premium Member
4,767 Posts
These disease problems occur every couple of years... whether they are from Asia, South America, Africa, Europe, or North America, something always comes up. I'm never worried about these things since I rarely travel and I rarely take public transit.

If something happens, then I guess everything happens for a reason.

This Swine Flu should blow over in the next few months.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Nah...just rolling around in it with the Ginger wife. Ha ha! I'm feeling just fine. I have a really strong immune system. I might get sick from time to time, but it gets kicked out really fast.

People en mass are generally a bunch of paranoid fools. I've already sold out of my N95 masks here at work.....and our main supplier has been coincidentally faxing special pricing on masks over the past couple days.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
People en mass are generally a bunch of paranoid fools. I've already sold out of my N95 masks here at work.....and our main supplier has been coincidentally faxing special pricing on masks over the past couple days.
A person is smart, but people are stupid. -Tommy Lee Jones in MIB! HA HA!

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
A person is smart, but people are stupid. -Tommy Lee Jones in MIB! HA HA!
Watched it just last weekend. True(r) words have never been spoken. Something people who have run countries have known for centuries.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
What I find interesting about this story is how it is being handled in the news. It is dominating cable news right now. Its actually kind of impressive how quickly news and information can travel now-a-days.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
its kinda funny how paranoid people are about things like this. remember Avian flu? people were so scared it was almost hilarious. "OMG! im gonna get the bird flu and die!!!" to me this is the same thing...a new virus pops up (like that hasnt happened before?) and people have a meltdown.

i just got over a mild case of flu...just felt generally crappy for about 2 weeks, but nothing debilitating. im all good now! i dont even get the flu shot, and normally dont even get sick. maybe i had the swine flu? oink! oink!

its still too early to tell if it will really be a problem...people should wait until all the facts are in before getting all up in arms about it.

·
Carbon Based Life Form
1,180 Posts
Today's media makes the news they no longer report it. Instead of Swine Flu call it what it is "Media Frenzy Flu"

Will sombody please help Chicken Little.

·
Fat Bottomed Girl
15,029 Posts
Today's media makes the news they no longer report it. Instead of Swine Flu call it what it is "Media Frenzy Flu"

Will sombody please help Chicken Little.
Not entirely true. It is news worthy. However, they do like to blow things out of proportion! Ha ha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts