Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Obfuscation Engineer
6,706 Posts
Why ?

That said it will slow turning , increase turning radius , will be slower to turn in a low speeds then fall in rapidly and generally be a boat in the twisties . Given a lock up clutch and softer compression dampening , with or without wheelie bar it will sit back on the contact patch with more complete weight exchange . I recomend that a steering dampener is added if you intend to apply the hammer to it regularly . It isn't so much the length of the swing arm but the time and distance that the front wheel is in the air . When the front wheel comes down in order to roll it has to overcome it's inertia as well as be in line with the center line of the the bike . If it isn't in line with the center of the bike the possibility of a serious tank slapper may ensue . If you've never had this happen remember that you are at full silly and shifting out of first around 45 - 55 mph . If you carry the front even 50-60 feet you are going 40+ and with the bars going lock to lock as the the front settles it's gonna hurt ...

~kop

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So just thought i should say that im not stretching this bike to keep the front tire on the ground. Just doing it cuz it look bad *** and its how i roll... i dive an S-10 with 4in of clearance so im really not to worried about it. just looking for some info. and thanks for the info. if anyone else wants to put in there 2 cents go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.