Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a 1990 kx-125 I bought as a basket case. The swingarm and linkage bearings have already been removed and I am looking to press in the new ones. I need to know how deep these bearings need to be pressed into the bore. Clymer says to measure before removing the old ones but I don't have that option any more. Does anyone have the specifications for how deep these should be pressed in?
Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Measure whatever seals you need to add to the ends of the swingarm and press the bearings in far enough to accept the seals with maybe an extra millimeter or two, and you should be fine. For the linkage, I suspect the bearings need to be in the center. I've never done a KX, but on my old GPz, the bearings sat dead center of all the linkage parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I will try that. Of course it will be four months here in Michigan before I know how it works. Scott

·
Hey, lemme ride your bike
1,975 Posts
If it is one bearing, press it into the center, if it is two, press it in just enough to clear the seal.

From personal experience on my friend's 1995 KX250 linkage, shock and swingarm bearings, press them in TOO little and have to do it a little more than too much and try to correct from that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts