Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if the gap between the windshield and headlight lets a noticable amount of air through with this windshield? I have the 2-up shield and notice the air coming through there compared to the the Kawi 500 shield I had before. The 500 shield worked great and looked good but was not easily removable like the Switchblade. Anyone have pics of the Deflector on the custom that they could post?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've just bought and installed the 2-up. To reduce the gap I simply removed the top headlight mounting bolt so the light can tilt forward. This allows you to mount the shield a couple of inches lower. When it's in place and the light mounting bolt reinstalled then the screen is the perfect height for me and there's no gap. It maybe takes an extra minute or so to dismount and remount the screen this way but it's still much faster than any other screen change I can think of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just bought and installed the 2-up. To reduce the gap I simply removed the top headlight mounting bolt so the light can tilt forward. This allows you to mount the shield a couple of inches lower. When it's in place and the light mounting bolt reinstalled then the screen is the perfect height for me and there's no gap. It maybe takes an extra minute or so to dismount and remount the screen this way but it's still much faster than any other screen change I can think of.
Great idea! I will give this a try. If I could get the 2-up moved down an inch or two it would be the perfect height.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts