Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: - I recently saw in a website a brake/tail/turn light accessory that not only combines and uses the turn signals as driving / brake / turn lights, but it also makes the turn signals change color between red and amber as needed. I don’t know how they do it - possibly multi-color LEDs?
Unfortunately I did not bookmark that site and now I can only find the (most common) ones where you use the amber color as the driving and additional brake light.
Has anyone seen this one brake/tail light accesory anywhere?

Any info appreciated -
Thanks - Sunnyorlando

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
I used this on my vn750 and plan ondoing the same to my new Mean streak. I did have some pics of it posted but don't know if they're still here. www.cruisercustomizing.com has a ton of reviews of the product which can also be found at www.electrical connection.com. I also had the Signal Dynamics (www.signaldynamics.com)? bake off brake light module with SDi'S quad led license plate frame also working as light and turn signals. I found that it really lights up the back end and cars stopped much further behind me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it - Tail light / Brake Light / Turn Signal

Thank you all! Got the site and ordered the part. The way it works as explained by the manufacturer ElectricalConnection is that they provide a 'doughnut' of LEDs that are mounted inside the amber lens. Whne tehse very bright LEDs come on, they overpower the amber lens color. These are the ones that illuminate as red when the amber is off - thats is how you get 2 colors. When the turn signals are used, the red LEDs shut off... Sounds like a great design, makes perfect sense now. I'll update when I install it.

Jaime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts