Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this has been asked or done but ill ask anyways.. I know theres kits and what not so you can get rid of the rear turn signals sticking out so far.. ( oh i have a 90 EX500) but i was looking at the tail light and it has two bulbs in it soo is there a way to rewire it so that it still functions as a normal break light but when you hit the turn signal it flashes??? its doenst seem like it would be hard to do but mind you i have no clue how to do it lol...

sorry in advance if this topic has been done to death and thanks for all any replys.

Dan

·
Registered
456 Posts
You could buy yourself a trailer light convertor. Lots of cars have amber turn signals, but most cheap trailers don't. So people buy a convertor (about $15 typically). You connect your brake lights, turn signals, running lights, and ground wires to the convertor, then the other end of the convertor connects to your trailer (or in your case, your motorcycle lights).

If you are so inclined, you could build the convertor yourself with four power transistors.
Curt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts