Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the single filament sockets in my rear indicators with the dual filaments from my front sockets (running a light bar that came with indicators).

What is best way to remove the sockets from the indicator housings?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just did mine on a Vulcan 500 ltd the same signals. take the lense off and there is a clip with a tab from the socket in it pull the clip off and the socket pulls out through the housing . Tie some string to the wires where they splice so you don't loose the ends in the conduit. If you would like pictures Pm me and i'll send them.

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
I would like to replace the single filament sockets in my rear indicators with the dual filaments from my front sockets (running a light bar that came with indicators).

What is best way to remove the sockets from the indicator housings?

Thanks in advance
Just curious as to why you'd want to do this?

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
In California(I understand) rear running lights must be red, so if you plan on using front signals in the rear(because they have dual filiment bulbs and sockets) you'll have to find red lenses.Amber running lights are a quick way to get a ticket.

The reg might be D.O.T. spec, so I'd ask the local Highway Patrol or check with the state regs where you live.

This website might have what you need: K&S Technologies if so, try ordering through Z1 enterprises.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank Wes,
I'll PM you in a minute. I took the clip off but the sockets were real hard to move and I did not want to destroy the housing.

rbentnail, we have some pretty stupid drivers here on the ROCK (Newfoundland, Canada) so I just want to make myself more visible by having my turn signals act as running lights as well.

MFOLKS,
I checked our legislature and it's not illegal to have red lights in the rear as signal lights. I even have a copy with my insurance and registration cards...just in case.;)
I painted my extra lens' with Testors transparent cany apple red model paint.
Worked like a charm.:D

Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,874 Posts
rbentnail, we have some pretty stupid drivers here on the ROCK (Newfoundland, Canada) so I just want to make myself more visible by having my turn signals act as running lights as well.

Thanks
I thought as much. Have you looked into a run/turn/brake controller? I put one on a 1500 Classic way back when, changed the bulbs to red and installed clear lenses.

Here is the installation.

Here are some night time pics.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Russ that looks real nice but money is an enemy of mine these days, so I'm gonna try this for a while and see how it goes.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts