Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tail light will not work? the brake light works but no power to the bulb for the running light. after investigating theirs no juice to the wire harness to the rear light? were should i look? and were duz that wire come from that goes under the tank. any help is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well, without more information let me throw this out: Do you by chance have a lightbar installed? If so, it may be installed on the same circuit instead of with a relay and you may have blown the fuse. Check the fusebox and if that's the case wire the lightbar with a relay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, i entered the info w/o thinking. i have a 02 meanstreak, and it does have a light bar installed by the previous owner. i checked the fuses but none were blown... unless there is one inline( possibly inside the headlight housing). thanks for the info i will check out the lightbar possibility.

·
Back in the saddle
477 Posts
Well I don't have the MS but the wiring for the lights should be close to the 1500 Classic.

When you turn the ignition switch on does the instrument panel as well as the front running lights come on?

If they do then your ignition switch as well as the fuse would be ok.
Next check the socket itself as well as the bulb. The element for the tail light could be blown. If the socket and the bulb are both good then trace the wire to the front of the bike. I'm sure you will find a loose or bad connection.

If the instrument cluster as well as the front running lights do not come on, then check fuses again but if they are good then check the ignition switch and the wiring leading to the switch.

Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the information i will try to find the problem today. hopefully i will be successfull..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm working on it, but no luck so far.... im in ftworth tx and wanna go to the international motorcycle show today.. wish me luck.... ps its gonna be 70 degrees here today.... so a great day for riding...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found the problem, was a pinched wire underneath the fuel tank... was a pain to get to but thats ok. @ least i found the problem and fixed it... thanks for all the help.... i went to the international motorcycle show after i fixed my bike and wow, some nice bikes. i found my new future ride. a victory hammer limited edition. a great looking bike. and only spent about 150 dollers and cool stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts