Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Climer manual but I don't have it at work with me. I bought new bt45s for my bike online. I have been calling around to bike shops in the chicago area and the average price I have been quoted if I bring the bike and the tires in is $100 to change them with a high of $145. I called a yamaha dealer by me and they can mount the tires for $26 each if I just bring the rims in. Is it very difficult to take the wheels off the bike? I am going to have to rig some kind of strap lift to lift the bike up but is there a lot involved in taking both the wheels off? I have a 93 ex500. I just hope these bt45s will be better than the ORIGINAL 1992 vintage exedras that are on there. I am new to bikes but it sure feels like I am riding on glass with those crappy tires on there.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
its very easy, you just need to follow the manual, it takes me about 10 minutes to take them completely off now, but it'll take you longer in the beginning.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Kragen sells a nice little hydrolic bike Lift( jack), that is secured with straps, etc.I thik I got mine for $50.00 , it good itf you have the zest for maitainence....$ Mods...Rear and front stands would work one end at a time..
Liz

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's another idea. Change the tires one at a time. Put the bike on the center stand. Use a length of rope to make sure it won't fall backwards. Mind you dont' depend on the rope to lift the bike up, it's just there so it won't fall down.
Then do the same for the front tire, only this time make sure that the front wheel is a sufficient height off of the floor of your garage. Secure the bike at the fork head (triple tree).
I have used this method several times, tossing the rope over the open rafters in my garage, securing the bike by this method so it doesn't go astray.
No responsibility here if things go wrong, (murphy loves us all, you know) be careful.
RR Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts