Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get word Monday from a friend about 65 miles south that the Kaw dealer has an '04 1500 Classic, like 1.7 miles on it, that he'll sell for $6500. So I get up early Tuesday and hightail it down there to check it out. IT'S SOLD ALREADY!!!! AND IT WAS TRUE!!!! waaaaaaahhhhhhhhahahaha!!!! Beautiful bike, too: dark green and eggshell beige, windshield, hardbags. Been mopin' around all day, feeling like someone has kicked me in the groin, if ya know what I mean. Whoever got there before me is gonna be one happy camper, the lucky bass turd.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
rbentnail said:
I get word Monday from a friend about 65 miles south that the Kaw dealer has an '04 1500 Classic, like 1.7 miles on it, that he'll sell for $6500. So I get up early Tuesday and hightail it down there to check it out. IT'S SOLD ALREADY!!!! AND IT WAS TRUE!!!! waaaaaaahhhhhhhhahahaha!!!! Beautiful bike, too: dark green and eggshell beige, windshield, hardbags. Been mopin' around all day, feeling like someone has kicked me in the groin, if ya know what I mean. Whoever got there before me is gonna be one happy camper, the lucky bass turd.
Yep that was a good buy for sure. Don't mope around to long it won't do you any good. Just go buy you some chrome or other accessories, an before you know it you'll forget all about it.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Missed a deal like that myself when looking to purchase a Vulcan....and I did exactly What woody suggested and found another one to buy. Not marked down like the first one I saw...but still it stole my heart. ;)

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
That's too bad nail,
Don't worry another deal will always show up.
My girlfriend would say "it's not meant to be". That you are meant for another ride.
I would likely scream, and rant like a child if I missed on the bike.
And I have never seen a bass turd before, funny 'eh?

·
Super Moderator
10,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for your kind words. I'm feeling better about it today. I just hope I never see the guy riding it- I think I won't be waving at him. At least the first time! LOL.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
don't fault a guy or gal for not passing up such a great deal...its a shame tho that it wasn't you.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
rbentnail,
Now won't you feel better when you're riding the 04' with.07 miles that you got for $6000? I agree with your girlfriend, wasn't meant to be. One better is cryin' for ya, you just haven't heard it yet! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I'm taking woodchucks' idea and going with it, sort of. Good ole Santa brought me a Memphis Shades windscreen, so I'm just snuggle up with the velvet storage bag that he sent along with it. Like my own little comfort teddy bear. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Lets see,65 miles south from asheboro is my hometown(rockingham).My local Kawasaki place is called Sportcycles.(Sell Hondas too!).Now i wonder if thats where rbentnail has been!!! Yep,i know the owners real well,and they did have a bike just like that in there,i just did'nt know they were wanting to give it away!!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Maybe it was haunted???

·
Super Moderator
10,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, kenny, that's the one. I figured: this is gonna hurt you as much as it hurts me! Man, what a beautiful machine. You've seen it?

·
Registered
506 Posts
yeah,Jeff and Jerry,(the two owners) said they needed more floor space for the 05 bikes that were in the back,so they put on a "lil" clearance sale on the bikes in the showroom.Somebody got some deals!!!! rbentnail,Jeff (there at sportcycles) sells me parts and stuff for my Vulcan 1500 at 15% off.The Kawasaki fire and steel accessories(chrome goodies) plus oil filters,etc. Let me know if ya want anything and we're deal with'em on it! See ya,

·
Registered
806 Posts
Boy the NC crowd is turning into a bunch of locals on this forum. Have to get working on that Eastern Ride.......soon.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yer killin' me! That is one beautiful 1500! I used to have a wallpaper of that bike - figured if I get rid of the Nad I'd get that one......

Sorry, man.....maybe there's another in your future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts