Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a lot of people when I can't ride I tend to talk myself into tinkering with things I should not tinker with. Right now I'm thinking about cutting 4" or so of the outside ends of the handle bars of my 07 mean streak. I'm sure this is a bad idea but the desire to tinker is drowning out the voice of reason. Does anyone have any experience with narrower drag bars pros or cons.

·
Registered
111 Posts
in my honest opinion, narrow drag bars look like a motocross bikes or upright sports bike, wider bars look more 'mean' and far cooler, id leave well alone.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
I was gonna say JUMPJUMPJUMP

but then reason kicked in. LIke everyone else said here, make sure you have a set of replacement bars on hand, cause I get the feeling that after cutting 4" off your bars, even the wide sweepers you used to be comfortable with could become scalp tingling @$$ pukering thrill rides.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
How about you split the difference, and just cut off 2 inches at first, and see how you like it.

Then if you like where it's heading, go ahead with the rest of the 4 inch reduction.
You'll probably be surprised at how different just 2 inches feels.

Just my two cents worth...er inches. ;-)

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I've seen your ride...that rootbeer paintjob and all...

i'd leave her as she is...such a sweet ride

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
How about you split the difference, and just cut off 2 inches at first, and see how you like it.

Then if you like where it's heading, go ahead with the rest of the 4 inch reduction.
You'll probably be surprised at how different just 2 inches feels.

Just my two cents worth...er inches. ;-)

NOOOOOOOOO comment!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I would see if you can find a set of used bars to experiment with or if you really wanna do it . I would do it in increments I think 4 inches of both sides would killl the handling.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
4" off both ends sounds like a big difference. Like already said, I think I'd maybe try half that 1st. 8)

·
nu2kawi
2,707 Posts
I've seen short bars on drag bikes, but thats all they're good for. Not much good for normal riding. Maybe a different style of bar would curb your notion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts